Introduction and origin –
April Fools’ Day—celebrated on April 1 each year—has been celebrated for several centuries by different cultures, though its exact origins remain a mystery. There are so many stories about how 1st April came to celebrated as April’s Day, but the most widespread one is about the calendar, In year 1582, Pope Gregory the XII introduced a new calendar, the Gregorian calendar.
This calendar started New Year on 1at of January but back then information took time to spread so for a long time many people didn’t know about it or refused to accept the new calendar, These people continued to celebrate New year on 1st of April. The people who accepted the new calendar now started making fun of these non-believers, eventually the new calendar was accepted world- wide but the pranks stayed on.
Ways of celebration-
April Fools’ Day traditions include playing hoaxes or practical jokes on others, often yelling “April Fools!” at the end to clue in the subject of the April Fools’ Day prank. Friends, siblings, relatives and even parents play tricks on their loved ones on 1st of April. All the pranks are just for harmless fun and never to hurt anyone.
How kids celebrate?
- Kids usually play pranks and being pranksters they end up shouting “April fool” .
- Kids plan tricks to play prank
- They plan meetings with their friends
- Draw and buy funny gifts
Quotes on April fool’s day-
- “Some people can’t be fooled on April Fool’s Day because they were fooled too many times during their entire lifetime.” ― Akash B Chandran
- “Per se, a prank is meant to thank.
Rethink and thank the soft spank.
And fill in the blank,
Not even over drank,
Knelt when they made you walk the plank.” ― Ana Claudia – Across Tic
- “I’m not a fan of April Fools’ Day. I can take a joke; I just don’t want to BE the joke.” ― Stewart Stafford
- A sense of humor is the ability to understand a joke-and that the joke is oneself. – Clifton Paul Fadiman
- Foolproof systems to not take into account the ingenuity of fools. – Gene Brown
Ways to wish April fool’s day-
- Wishing to pay your taxes today
Because it is legal to cheat on Fool’s day!
- I can’t live without you! Don’t mind, I was talking about… oxygen! April Fools!!!
- Hey! Don’t be mad at people today,
I wish you a very happy Fool’s day!
- Today you are allowed to tell everything you think about your enemies and pretend it’s a joke!
- Thank you for reading this message. Congratulations! 10 $ will be credited to the sender’s account! Have a great April 1 day!
Q1. When is Thanksgiving Day this year?
Q2. How Americans celebrate Thanksgiving?
Q3. Write a short note about the story of celebration.
Q4.What things you are thankful for? Describe them.
Q5. Prepare a thanksgiving speech.